Saturday, July 21, 2007

Medium of the Artist


To find my voice as an individual is not a simple goal in this age of mass messages. I want to be, and show what I am, to express my desires, to find like minds, to create art in a way to reflect myself, and my ideas on all subjects that have an immediate impact on to life.

As an artist, I create to explore what is hidden in my inner workings in a way that expresses my acceptance that we are part of a greater consciousness. My work reflects aspects of my true self, for the overall goal of writing is truth, and the pursuit of truth is the greatest goal a writer can strive for. Good art does not come from the constraints of life, but in the connection to common elements that exist in humanity

I believe that we are a small part of a larger force or energy that this world emits. This includes everything alive and dead, society and the individual, as well as material and organic objects including all art, recorded, or preformed. IT is conveyed in vibrations from speakers at a rock concert, or from a lonely trumpet out on Market St. IT can be captured in the painter’s brush-stroke, and in the laughter of an excited crowd, or the capturing of a piss stained, neon-lit brick wall of a downtown dive bar.

My writing and philosophies can be attributed to such writers as Jack Kerouac, Ken Kesey, Aldus Huxley, Gene Youngblood, Noam Chomsky, and Daniel Pinchbeck, to drop a few names. In essence I look to discover those writers whom soliloquy a certain spiritual-ness in the survival nature of the human spirit, an alternative way to wander and wonder about life, and are able to hold captive a simple statement that can make us question everything that constructs our reality.

In our culture we share the need to communicate struggle, and what better way to reflect that struggle than by crafting the difficult symbols of words to translate meaning to the entire world, and to every generation who will read their own meaning in between the lines.

No comments: